對話原文
Actually, I'm a stagehand here.
事實上 我是這里的舞臺后勤
I just started last week,
我上周才開始工作
but I already got the axe,
但現(xiàn)在已經被解雇了
and I just had to hand my stuff in to somebody, so…
我得把工作用具交給別人 所以…
So you're the one who got fired?
被炒的就是你
- Yeah. - By an unnamed actor?
-是的 -炒你的是匿名演員
Yeah.
是的
I just hate theater people!
劇院的人真是太過分了
It's my own fault.
怪我自己
I mean, you know, this job is not as easy
這份工作沒有他們說的
as they said it would be.
那么容易
I mean, you got to walk around in the dark.
你得在黑暗中行走
You got to put stuff places.
把東西擺放到位
And sometimes the stuff is not real stuff.
那些東西有時還不是真的
It's fake stuff.
是假的
But it's still got to be there.
但還得放過去
今日重點:
舞臺工作人員:stagehand
被解雇了:get the axe。意思和下文的get fired一樣
交給:hand。除了作名詞表示“手”,也可作動詞表示“上交,遞給”
無名的,匿名的:unnamed。之前講過,匿名的還可以用anonymous
四處走動:walk around
(來源:滬江英語)