1. a million things
“一百萬件事情”,也就是有很多很多事情的意思。
It's hard to slow down when you are trying to do a million things.
當你想要做成百上千件事情的時候是很難慢下來的。
2. be as busy as a bee
忙忙碌碌,忙死忙活的
He was as busy as a bee trying to put the house in order.
他為了要把家里弄得整整齊齊,忙了好一陣子。
【類似】I am as busy as a ticking clock.我忙得像滴滴答答的鐘。
3. be busy as a beaver
忙得團團轉
He is working so hard that he is busy as a beaver.
他沒日沒夜地工作,看起來很忙。
4. be piled up
pile up是堆起來,積累,所以如果你想說工作都堆積如山了,你可以用上這句。
My work is piled up on my desk. It really makes me crazy!
我的工作在我桌上堆滿了,真讓我抓狂啊!
5. be tied up
被占用,很忙。tie是動詞系、綁的意思,被某件事情綁住了,就走不開了咯!
I'll be tied up the rest of the week, I am afraid.
這個星期我恐怕都抽不出時間。
6. be up to one’s neck
忙得不可開交
I can’t possibly come out tonight. I'm up to my neck in work.
今晚我不可能出來了,我的工作忙得不可開交。
7. have irons in/on the fire同時有(很多)事情要做
Don't have too many irons in/on the fire.
不要攬?zhí)嗍隆?/p>
8. in the middle of (doing) sth.
正忙于某事
I'm in the middle of something. Could you call (me) back later?
我現在很忙,你能過會兒給我打電話嗎?
9. not have time to catch one's breath
忙得連喘口氣的功夫都沒有,也就是很忙的意思。
What a day! I don't even have time to catch my breath.
真糟糕的一天!我甚至連喘氣的功夫都沒有。
10.pressed for time沒時間,很忙
If you’re pressed for time, don't forget to relax and take a couple minutes to breathe.
如果你很忙,也別忘了放松,花幾分鐘來呼吸一下新鮮空氣。
11.I am on the trot.
我非常忙!我十分忙碌!
trot小跑,on the trot一個接一個。這句話形容一個接一個根本停不下來,十分忙碌。
12.I am booked.
我非常忙!
booked指預定,我被預定了,比喻我異常忙碌。
I am booked solid all morning. What's up?
一上午我都有事,怎么了?
13.I am on the go.
我很忙。
on the go指忙個不停。
I got a new job this year where I am on the go all the time.
我今年找了份新工作,一直忙得不可開交。
14.I am up and doing.
我非常忙。
up and doing忙碌
15.I have eggs on the spit.
我很忙,無暇顧及其他事。
have eggs on the spit形容手頭有事,正在忙著。
16.I have my hands full.
我忙得不得了。(=My hands are full !)
I mean, I have my hands full right now with family and work.
我的意思是,現在的工作和家庭已經讓我分身乏術。
17.I have only got one pair of hands.
我非常忙!
這句話本意是:我只有一雙手,意思就是不能做太多的事。本句用于一個人同時被期望或要求做太多事情的時候。
18.I am running round in circles.我忙得團團轉。
running round in circles非常形象的描述忙的狀態(tài)。